Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 142 of 365 days of our live on our small family farm in the USA

Been a long day her on the farm, not a bad one, just long.

Right now I have so much to get done that I am not really sure where to start.  I may scrap some more metal, that seemed to go really well today, we had a lot of fun and made a few bucks, even got some t-posts and an old amo box for the bears to put there treasures in (at least their pennies are off my floor, lol).  We ended up giving 8 bucks for the t-post and box, t-post sell for over five dollars and closer to six, so they were a bargin to say the least.  That is 30 plus feet of fence we can get up and that thrills me. 

The garden is coming along nicely, and each day I add more stuff.  Our little blue berry bush yeilded only half a cup of  berries, which is ok since the goat ate most of the bush when I bought it home. I am sure it will do better next year.  The autim olive and the pear tree are both in fruit along with the black berries and the chickory is also ready to harvest, so my kotchen is about to get busy.

I am thinking about giving away some garden seeds to city people who might like to try their hand at growing something, I figure if they grow a food plant maybe they will start to get an idea of not only real food but the work that can go in to it.  Feel free to let me know what you all think.
I am ready for a vacation, none planned in the future until the roof is fixed and up to snuff, but is is nice to dream of Drury inn's nice soft beds, clean rooms, that I do not have to clean, hot food, cold drinks, indoor pool and jacouzi and large color screen color tv and bath tub....ewwww have to quite talking about it...lol
Anyway back to work, we love you all and are glad you are there.

Be Blessed
Shekhinah, Michael and all the kids and critters on Mahaniam farm

No comments:

Post a Comment