Thursday, February 19, 2015

Afternoon from the Mountain

We are still snowed in which is fine, as I have plenty to keep me on the homestead.  I washed floors today and did some more school work, dishes after heating water three times.  I only have one type of water at the moment as the hot water line is frozen solid thanks to our -3 degree F temps of last night.  I am grateful to have one type of water at least and a way to heat it.  When through some more papers and draws in the house, a little before spring house cleaning.
I also sat down today to order new seeds, I am looking forward to a good growing year and if not I do have the hydroponics systems.  I cannot wait to grow greens in them.  It is all so existing, new radishes, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers or and Dutch blue peas.  I love growing the foods my ancestors could have grown; there is something so pure and clean about it.  It just makes me happy to play in the soil.  I have a goal of once again selling fresh produce as well, it all takes time.
Speaking of time, the show we were going to has been rescheduled till March 7th, and my soap will be done by then and so will my lip balms.  Maybe the new jewelry I ordered as well.  I order new cases for the rings and the glass that I have made, so it is all coming together.  I am so looking forward to going!
Our latest ongoing project is going off the grid.  So far, the security lights are doing an excellent job and I really like that extra 20 bucks a month, since I am not spending it on the power.  I have been shopping for solar panels and kits and what I have found is a package that for $4000 dollars will provide the main house will all the power it needs.  We can even afford it, well almost!
I did the math as to how it all breaks down.  If I could make $133 dollars for one month, I would have the money.  In comparison to our monthly electric bill which can be anywhere from $150 to $350 per month.  If I looked at the money, I am looking to spend in compared to the bill we currently have it would be $333.33 for each month for 12 months and I would own it.  It comes with a 25-year warranty, so in essence I would be getting 24 years of free power.  Since I am figuring on the amount of energy I use averaged out at around the same quantity, somewhere around $333.33 per month than in the 24 year of its promised life, I will make $96,000.  Not too shabby and I will never have to deal with the power company and their toxic sprays ever again.
Otherwise, I have no new news to offer; I just add to this note a request that you all stay safe and think about how we treat the world around us. 
Be blessed dear ones…
Shekhinah



No comments:

Post a Comment