I bring this up because so many people buy honey in the store having no idea that much of it is laced with or in some cases is nothing but colored corn syrup. In the rare instance that it might be honey, it has been heat treated with the thought of making it safer. Some honey is known to contain the botulism toxin and on many store-bought bottles, it says not to be given to children under the age of one. while some honey does contain this toxin, I would argue that it is also found in dirt and well dirt is everywhere.
When you heat honey to kill the toxin you also kill the good enzymes and even change the chemical structure.