Saturday, January 10, 2015

USDA Traumatizing Farmers and farms on Satuday

Good evening from the mountain, I and the farm have had a challenging day. We had made the final prep for the storm that is coming our way, when at around 3:30 on this Saturday NASS showed up on my farm looking for goats. 


The surprise is on them, all my goats are gone, between wolves( that were let go by the Fish and Wildlife division), fires,and chemical trespasses there is no point in having them.  It breaks my heart when each one dies and no one should have such a thing happen to them. 

Back to my main point I had filled in and sent their survey to them as mandated by law, you can go to jail for not filling it out. You have to understand in America no one is really free, we are forced to subject ourselves to the USDA and even though we have bought our animals we are but stake holders of them.  

My husband Mike met the USDA worker at our gate, he offer to get me, since it is my name on the paper work, but she said it was ok.  Mike gave her an earful as to why we have no goats, I would have been glad to fill her other ear.  

The average age of a farmer in America is now 58 and guess what there are very few young people like us wanting to replace them. Farming is a hard life and in America it is even harder, when I must answer to some one for every animal I have, what I do with them and such I have no freedom at all!  

I ask where were these people when the people next to me lit the fire that killed our baby goats, did they help no.  where were they when the wolfs were turned loose?  Where where they when the power company sprayed our land.  Their job has nothing to with helping farmers or protecting the food supply it is nothing less than a bureaucratic barrage of fools, claiming the goods and hard work of people with little say.  How can one survive in such a place and keep they mind in a calm place.  I obey the rules and I am punished, others with wealth buy their way around the rules.  I am sick of it.  

Who want to be a farmer anyway...

Be Blessed
Shekhinah

A short story in the classic Katabasis form which takes place in our modern time. A epic tale so reviling of our cultural complacency that it will leave the reader shocked and dismayed, perhaps its telling will even force the reader to rethink their own life quest. The Gift is not your everyday run of the mill short story, it is so much more!



No comments:

Post a Comment