Friday, November 21, 2014

Walmart Vs. Amazon and the scam heard round the world!


Just to let you know Walmart is blaming all the people who priced matched Amazon as taking advantage of them.  They told me that no one would expect them to honor what they earlier said. Which, was that they would price match Amazon, and I feel I must agree that since they said nothing at the beginning about third parties that they should keep their word. I went into price match only because someone else asked me to.

My children are quite contend with Sams club soda, but a good deal is a good deal.  But in one of my groups as women had done just that, she priced matched Amazon with Walmart, the 24 pack of Dr. Pepper cans were being sold on Amazon for a penny.  That is a great deal before shipping.  Many people did get it to work for them before Walmart cut them off.  Now do I think it is unfair for them to have gotten almost free soda, no not at all.  Walmart opened the door and did not think the whole process through, that is not the customers fault, but Walmarts fault.

Walmart higher ranking employees brought up that one would have to pay almost $30.00 shipping, so it was not technically a penny. While this is true, and I most assuredly understand their point, I spend money on gas to get to the Walmart Super Center, which is an hour from my door.  So for me it would have been a broken even moment at best. Rationally Walmart should have given this a lot more thought!

What came out of all this, a great understanding of how customers should and should not be treated and that many of these types of events are scams in general.  I say this as they continued to explain to me that for the most part they really will not match anything if they are going to lose money on but that each manager could decide if they wanted to price match or not.

Now my Walmart in Thayer, Mo. is as good as gold, never had a problem, but the larger stores they are not going to do it.  It was clearly explained to me that they don't have to, and anyone who does price matching is taking advantage of them.  So buyer beware with Walmart or any big chain store that tells you they will match prices.

Beware also of their black Friday sales, a few minutes shopping on the net could land you a better deal with much less stress, plus this is a time to spend with your family, so consider skipping the "Black Friday" week long nightmare and enjoy one another's company instead.

I post this because I care about the value that we are people have towards one another and I feel that it is truly sad that anyone would have to use any mean words when dealing with one another, but to treat customers in the manner that Walmart has done is simply unheard of, I would think that if Walmart was in it's right mind it would apologize to everyone that it has not been kind too.  Starting with me..

Just one more tiny thing, the very reason that we live the simple life we do is to not be a part of moments like this, but it is moments like this that make me even more determined to do more, grow more, reuse more and shop in stores less.
Do not let your stuff own your life, own it instead and when live gets you down, and the world is unkind, just remember always to look on the bright side of life. Everything that happens in our lives happens for just a moment and then that moment is passed and once gone can never be retrieved.  So live well and be happy my dears, because life is short and precious.  

Be Blessed from the mountain
Shekhinah
http://youtu.be/u2UP86bciVA

No comments:

Post a Comment