Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 83 part 2 of our lives on our small family farm in the USA

I found out today that my sweet cow needs her feet done...ughh!  Oh well!  I feel like calling the vet and getting her preg checked as well....I am thinking about getting a second milk cow, we will see. 

On to the shinngles they are here on the farm now, I bought 30 and 1/3 squares for 20 bucks a square for a total with tax of $659.02.  We will still need 19 more squares but this is a great start.  When all is said and done we will need 147 sheets of 4 ply plywod, 15 rolls of tar paper, many, many pounds of nails and caps, plus vents.  so it is not going to happy over night, but with losts of heard work we will get it done and are greatful to G-d for every bit of it.

Buying these now will  leave us a bit short on money, but I think if we watch what we have closely we can do it.

Our bees are doing nicely, but I sill can not get that inner cover off, so it is my plan to call the people I bought the hive from and pay them or maybe the local guy to get it off for me.  We are attending a web event tomorrow and I have enclosed a link and thewrite up about it below.  I think it will be a good use of our time to attend and it sounds like fun.

Online SeminarsTop
Spring and Swarm Management
This webinar was organized by and for the Plymouth County Beekeepers; however, everyone is invited. We will focus on Spring cleaning, growing the colony, and what can be done to reduce swarming.
Title: Spring and Swarm Management
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST
The webinar is free; however, space is limited and advanced registration is required. Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/529777395
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer

Other wise we sold some ducks today to a nice man who bought our shingles and I just want to say thank you to B+B supply in Highland and Franklin, Arkansas.  They are really great people, with wonderful business ethics and a kind heart.  Image they still deliver and for only $10 dollars; their over all prices, even before the discount where 32% less across the board on all the roofing materials I asked about.  Ply wood, 3 ply $13.44 a sheet B+B price, Lowe's ans home depot were both higher by at least 2 dollars and it was just about this way on everything...it was really sad, plus home depot and Lowe's wanted $49 to $59 dollars to deliver . 
Now that I have strayed off topic...lol  We had new baby chicks born to day, had time to graze a few goats on the lush pasture and I bought the rest of the posts for the new goat and sheep enclosure, so they will soon be contained, happy days! 
Direct TV showed up with a few minutes to spare and this took up over an hour of the day, but the studio now has all the same chanels as the main house again.  After Ricahrd passed away it was sort of just left there, and well almost a year latter I am readyto start working on making the space my space.  Today was the first time I went in there and did not feel like I was walking in some one elses space, I really felt like I was making my own space.  When I get out of school, I am going to spend a bunch of time setting it up and making it mine.  I found a guy who does that spray insulation for like $300 bucks for the whole house, it is r35 I think, anyway I think it will work very well there.  I still need windows ans to patch the floor, finish the bath room off and rebuild a kitchen their.  I may find antother electic stove for the new kitchen of the main house and use the one I have now, their.  who knows, at least it is something to think about.  I can not wait to get it all done and have a place where I can set my work down and come back  and it will be in the same place...lol


Well the storms are here again so I must leave you all for know.
Be Blessed Dears and thank you for being there for all of us and know that you are loved...
Shekhinah, Michael and all the kids and critters at Mahanaim Farm...Where we are creating a future from the past, beyond organic and done in Love....



No comments:

Post a Comment