Thursday, February 3, 2011

Morning post for day 14 of 365 days of life on our farm...

Started my morning being roused by the sounds of yelling bears, barely warm coffee and a strangely broken microwave that starts to turn its turn table as soon as you open the door.  Hmmm how odd, good thing is I have a spare at the studio, I have had the Dah’veed to bring it over, clean it and set it up in place of the other.  In between this I have had a broken duck brought in to me, while I am working on the computer and paying bills. The duck has a boo boo on its leg, it is a young duck and it may have gotten stepped on by one of the many creatures that walk the farm, so it gets private accommodations and tending too. The hot water is frozen; it has gone from an unbelievable 6 degrees to a heat wave 11 degrees. My Pell grant just posted so it is time to pay the bills, I had a whopping 1054. Left over, whew ewww!    As I sit paying our innumerous bills, I often wonder why these people deserve to get paid…lol   I have paid Direct TV their monthly fee for letting have the privilege of sat TV, 127 bucks there.  Car insurance 237.75, yikes, that is what happens when you have twenty year old driver on your policy. Shaking my head….Paid the electric a scant $190.42, next month’s bill is in for $279.  I think.  Paid a 100 total on our two credit cards that are for emergencies and last month was one.  Paid ebay already and Netflix.  So that is done.  Think I have them all paid….and a few bucks left, maybe mom will get a brand new pair of sneakers and dad too.  On the women who emailed me, her order was in 2009 and even though she said the eggs she got were not Muscovy(and they were), I sent her other eggs, then I get an email nearly 8 months after the fact wanting eggs…ok well I refunded her and I am done with it.  In the long run it is not worth it.  In the hatching business you will find that you will have nice people, flaky people and impossible people.  Never in this order.  I may only do schools in the future; never seem to have problems with them.  I have many schools and universities that around Easter get egg crazy and well next year I may not do this, we will have to see.  I have to make 175 a week on eggs to make a 75 dollar profit, which at the moment is not happing, so we may have a large barbeque in the spring, feel free to join us. I have to leave early for school today, so I can pick up grain and such.  Than be at class before noon, after that the gym and then off to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things that I ran out of money to get today.   Whops just forgot about the phone bill, I will have to still pay that latter, another 100 bucks, ugh, well at least I have it.  Have the money set aside to pay the van off as well.  Ok so I best get busy with my work and getting the kids started on their study’s before I go.  We are having chili for dinner tonight, left over from the other night, so I do not have to cook, but I think I will ask Dah’veed to make some more corn bread.  I will talk with you all later…

Be Blessed
Shekhinah
P.S. the whole” People for the Ethical Treatment of Pumpkins (P.E.T.PU.)” was a joke, it is not a real group…


What's on Rachael's mind:
Busy morning this morning a lot going on...I will head back outside after I help mom get ready for school to check on everyones water with Dah'veed. Then I will come back inside and start on my studies. Yum.. Chilly for dinner the best thing to have on such a cold winter day....especially with Dah'veeds cornbread...Thanks for reading the blog this morning.
Love Rachael...


1 comment:

  1. Dah'veed, would you please share your recipe for your corn bread?

    ReplyDelete