Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 42 evening blog post...

Well, may have to change plans for tomorrow as I am having tire issues.  We are going to try and switch out the tires from the Cadillac to the horse trailer,maybe tomorrow.  I am a bit upset by all this, we tried to get tires today, no luck, it sucks to have the money to get tires and not be able to get them.  So we hope like I said to use the Cadillac tires.  We are still going to West Plains, tomorrow, maybe it's all for the good anyway.  We can buy some lovely finches and visit with our friends.


Spent a ton of money today at Salem Feed, I love Ken's little feed mill, He is a great guy and his wife and him do so much in the community.  He is my unsung hero of the week.  He has always been there for us and others.  I know sometimes it costs more to buy from him, but it is worth it, as of late he has been cheaper than Hershes, which is very odd and leads me to believe that Hersh charges me way to much on some items just cause they can... Makes me sort of angry.  My point being it was worth it.  I bought some new 12 gauge fencing and some posts and the long awaited hay ring as well as some feed and we got it all into the horse trailer, Michael and chis we amazing getting it all to fit.  We spent a small fortune, but I think it was worth it.  The new fences will allow us a bit more freedom and security, which we need and it will keep the animals in and our of pastures under mend.  I hope the hay ring pays for it's self over  the next few months and after much discussion it was deiced that the horses will be the ones to get it.(we can only afford one right now)  I hope to make a round bale last two weeks for them. I have been gifted one hay ring, but I have to get out there to get it, so that will be at least a few more days.  I really need at least two more hay rings, but at over 200 bucks a piece, it will be a while. 

I have not told Rachael yet, but some one who we(she and I ) thought would make a good horse money mighty get her wish. I was approached by a grieving women's sister about Dreamer and I think not only will she love this horse but give it attention it really needs, Rachael and I still have to meet with her. Not sure if Rachael really wants to give her up, or is just frustrated.

Bought some groceries today, man have the prices gone up,a head of none organic iceberg lettuce, a small head no less was 2 bucks...don't get me started on the 4 buck for OJ, are you kidding me.  Gas went up as well.  We have readjusted for the trip and such and I am plagued by the cost but really need to go, so I will figure it all out and find a way as I always seem to do.  Michael is going to try hard to get up a few temporary pens for some of the birds, others will be sold.  I am getting rid of all the roens and hybrids I think and a few extra Blue and Black Swedish males.  You should ideally have 3 hens for each drake.  We eat the muscovys, so if there is "extra boys" we are having duck..the kids love it.  I am also scaling down to one pigeon coop, so we will be eating some of them as well,yummy pigeon pie.  I plan to set 100 quail eggs tomorrow...hope to get at least 90 + chicks in 18 days or less...what them for passover and they should be grown up by than. 
Got the first seed and plants into the garden today, bunches of radishes, and lots of peas, more to palnt .  We will be offering fresh beyond organic veggies for sale and trade very soon, as well as yummy birds and other meat type creatures.  As soon as the kitchen is done , we will teach from the house.  I look foward to that...(day dreaming).  Ok well I better get off of here and have my yummy steak dinner...and my over priced non organic salad...hmmmm...Love you all....
Now from the hubbie...


News From The Doghouse and Klingon Tarqs a.k.a. Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pigs...

Captured the elusive Bacon and the wayward Pork chop, everyone else can be outsmarted by them, but I simply just refuse to, because I realize and know they have communication skills...learn the language and you can oink with any of them...

Did the chores with excruciating pain intermittently 8-P collected 3 quail eggs, 2 from the royal blacks...then we went to town to a garage/yard sale but it was cancelled because of the cool rain, before we left I checked the solar panel and had it at 76F when it was @65F outside, so hmmmmm.....it flucuated with the cloudy overcast day and the sporadic cold rain so....guess it worked alright. Supposed to be 27F tomorrow night, so we shall see what Sunday sunny morning brings to the panel 8@P  I think it was 18 to 25C on the day stuff with the panel today....

Got home after the adventure to the grocery store and the feed store, we stocked up rather well with the horse trailer in tow, picked up some straw bales, 2 rolls of fencing and 12 posts, need more posts later, and a large hay ring for bales of hay, to cut down on loss and waste, supposedly, but any little bit will help in the long run scheme of things. Got all the stuff unloaded and it rained then...so did the chores at the barn and collected a turkey egg, 3 guinea eggs, a Curly and some food grade eggies...Nothing else spectacular, got a fire going to take down the dampness in the basement and warm up the house a bit, its a bit toasty now like 82F, woked just a little too well 8-P

The Bears had a good time today, especially with the boxes of animal cracker/cookies we got them. Also got some other snack food junk, for after we all eat a good meal tonight and probably will snack out on the other cookies and chips, as a family watching something on TV Saturday night....

Still have the eyes on some expecting mommies, goats, cow, sheep, and probably some muscovy duckies will appear out of somewhere as well.

Have a good weekend to all the international readers/viewers also, and any and all working stiffs, have one for me as well ;-P and another video link if anybody is interested in "I know who I am"


Know that we love you all and have a lovely Saturday.
Shekhinah, Michael and all the kids and critters at Mahanaim Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment