Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 59 live starts to become normal again and planning on getting bees

Ok now that I have returned from the great land of Illinous and have done the interveiw about our farm on weft live is starting to return to normaly, I do miss the one hotel though.  We stayed at a Druy in Popular Bluff, MO, gosh what an awsome place.  Dinner and breakfast free and three drinks, a heated indoor pool.  Big screen tv, mini fridge and micowave...


Worked some in the garden...planted spinch and peas and some Lilly of the Valley...Still have to get the blue berries in and such...plus the trees and the trees I still need to pick up in Ash Flat.

Bought trailer tires today, gosh that was a lot of money.  I needed specail tires of course(rolling my eyes)  $119.00 each...ughhh  but now we can do shows and such if we want to.


 Planning on making more soap tomorrow I hope, sold out already...oh well!


Puppy is doing better, her stool is still a bit loose, I have made an appoinment with the vet, but it will need to be changed as I have to take kids back to the doctor tomorrow for a follow up.  Need need to make dentle appoints for three of the kids and school starts again on monday, that linits the days I can do things of couse.  Tommorow will be another lond day I guess.

About the bees, our new little loves will be here next month, we are looking foward to their help with the plants and trees and they will be a great blessing to us.  We are gettin gthe whole hive deal from a lady in Thayer who usally just sells nucks.  Bee keeping is a lot of work and no work , just dempends on how complecated you make it I guess.  I am happy we get a chance to share the farm with the bees, it has really been a long time coming and I have studied about them for over two years now so I am a little ready for them.
All the bees in the hive are gilrs by the way the boys only go off with a young queen once and than die...hmmm   Anyway the first year they will not make much honey, but that's ok, we want them happy and can buy honey from the person we are getting them from.  Honey in it's raw for is one of the most amazing gifts that bees share with us.  It is anti biotic in fashion killing bacteria, aids in breathing disorders and is used to treat many othe disorders incluing arthritus.  Ewww the lovley fruot and veg will will have this year, plus I just love watching the bees and such.

On to the hubbies post.


News From The Doghouse and various other locales.....
 
Started the day very early with meany Elijah Bear tickling my feet and telling me to get up, it was not even 7 AM yet 8-P So we watched some educational show called The Most while I woke up with my morning java....
 
Got out and did chores, it was 40F outside so started a fire to warm up the house as well, got all of that done and bagged all the trash piled up in the garbage scowl, after I dug out the large trash bags for the road side service...and we had seen a butterfly yesterday as well, it was so nice and warm, in the 80sF....
 
Whacked in some more t posts for the fence for the goats and got a 50 ft. section installed as well...before all that this afternoon, I finished the birds on the back porch and watered everybody, the Boss needs the wheels from the horse trailer and has to be at the post office by noon....oy....its 11:03 so out I go again, and have all 4 off and loaded in the van by 11:30! Didn't work up a sweat or anything, just sailed through it....but when I was working on the fence I did sweat and got hot, it was only 50F out there, that's @ 10C I think....
 
Well ran into some frustrations with the fence installing, so I stopped at it and went and worked on the drainage pipe to the duck pond, that was damaged by the contractor who pulled up the trailer last year, I had dug a ditch to channel the water flow there until I could really get around to fixing it.....still do not have all the pipe I need but the trench work was a piece of cake because of all the moisture it has had for a very long long time....
 
JUst been chucking the wood on the fire off and on today as well, and will have to get up in the middle of the night again to toss some more on....just when I got use to sleeping again all night 8-P and the new dog will want out with me as well probably....
 
 
Be Blessed Dear ones...
Shekhinah, Michael and all the kids and critters at Mahanaim Farm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment