Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 63, day trip tomorrow and getting ready for Passover

Hello dear friends, we are all still alive and well and hope you are the same.  Our gardens are still alive after the hail and sleet events of the past few days and I am happy to report our strawbeery crowns have made it through the winter adn are now taking over the place, so it is time to expand the garden area again.  Our aparagus is also back to life and many stalks are now poking their heards up through the soil, all that rain has done them well.  When we do not have rain we water twice a day using reclaimed rain water were ever we can as well as cooking water.  I still plan to get some carrots in the ground  and set up the tralice for tomotoes, Michael wants to plant cucumbers with them, I am fine with that, I will have some back up plants in differnt areas.  Not planting a ton of tomatoes this year...maybe 50 plants, that should give us plenty and some to sell , or trade for other things. 



I plan to do the swap this week end, G-d willing , I have a bunch of laying hens to sell, silkies, seriems and lots of others, bucnches of ducks, maybe a goat. Got some fencing to replace the stuff we bought....(rolling my eyes).  So new goat pens are starting up....

On other note we are trying to buy soybeans, from America and this seems for some unknown reason to be quite a task.  I still can not believe that people feed their livestock straight corn, wheen one the proce keeps climing and two it has like 7% protien campaires to say 37% protien min to soybeans...You would save money buying the soybeans and mixing it with any wdible filler like rice bran or even beet pulb and do better.
Honestly it is crazy.  If you want to buy them to eat, it is even worse you will pay almost 2 bucks a pound before shipping which will double the cost.  I want to make tofu and soy milk, but it is not looking good. I only have so much land, so growing them is out of the question.

Paided the taxes here and all good on that...still have to renew tags on the blue jeep and do a bit more fixing on her, but she should be road ready soon.  Isaiah has made hugh progress on his jeep and the paint job is awsome, he also learned to change his plugs and wires with the help of step dad Michael.  I know that makes them both happy.  His car is still down and I need to find some time to pull that radiator and get to thayer to be repaired so he can take his girl friend sto prom in it.

Going to West Plains tomorrow to get our plywood for the roof, I am so happy, I still have to get tar paper and shingles but , it is progress.  I hate walking in the new kitchen and seeing all the work that needs doen, but I know we are moving foward.
Now to the hubbies post....
News From The Doghouse and Collecting American Junk....
 
 
Did the chores and dumped the trash today, it started out nice, but just went downhill, no matter what I did...guess it could have been worse, as all catastrophes were for the most part avoided....Elijah helped some with laundry and later on he tried sneaking up on a deer in the pasture, it was so cute which I had the camera, it was a big white tailed deer...
 
The Bears and I went for a walk with Lady our big doggie, trying to wear them down to take a nap, but only Elisha clunked out, and only for an hour and a half...so Elijah helped out on some of the odds and ends chores and with some peeper patrol in the barn, but he mostly played with the baby goats...later he got into the pen with the calf and goats and was chasing Wiggle all around, it was funny to see as well...
 
It was brisk this morning and I let the fire die down, so I could clean out the soot build up, and then restarted a fire and cut up some brush, nothing like getting 2 chores somewhat done together....we lost a do-do to apparent natural causes, too big and heart gave out I am guessing, we get eggs out of them as well, although they are not really suppose to, they are hybrids bred to eat, supposedly impossible to pass egg stage of life, but our 1st do-do she bred and layed eggs, turkens...still have some large do-do turkens running around as well free ranging, all white birds
 
Got the new fence tore down and rolled up and returned to the store, suppose to be 100 feet, and 50 will not do, especially when you pay for a 100...oy hillbilly math...if I had a dollar for every time I have encountered the irrational speciosity logic of these people, I could end the national debt, buy a few more countries, and maybe a planet or two...
 
Hope we can go to the swap, mostly to cut back on birds, but to actually get away again. I feel buried alive again with everything, but on the other hand I have made remarkable progress, so who knows....depends how overcome I feel at a given moment, just seems more and more drudgery than enjoyment....
 
When I was rolling up the fence yesterday, it reminded me of deja vu, but was actually something I did many years ago, and reminded me of music I listened to then that I have not thought of in years, so I looked it up and found most of it on youtube....surreal creepy or spooky or something....guess that makes me happy for now, and the immeasurable enjoyment the boys give me, just being themselves
 
 
this is where I am at according to the personality test I took on Facebook:
 
 
and how my life goes LOL
 
 
Be Blessed Dear ones...Know you are loved....



Shekhinah, Michael and all the kids and critters at Mahanaim Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment