Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sorting seeds and my book about the life of Abigail is done...

Since Abigail the book is done, I can breath a little, it is now in the process of being made into a eBook for kindle and other devices and should be available to purchase some time this week.

As far as the farm goes, I and the boys have spent the days going through seeds, so far I have around 20 pounds of pea seeds in at least five different types.  We have many at least 20 types of flower seeds.  We have many types of vegetables seeds as well...so many I am hoping I can do this all in one day.

Once we are done and have pulled our seeds for the season, the rest will be offered up either by donation or by promise to save seeds from your plants this year to give to another next year.  You have to cover any shipping as I just can not afford to do it.

We plan on planting a fields of peas, turnips, beets, and corn this year.  All of these plants can be grown for our feed and animal feed. I am trying very hard not to continue my dependence on the feed stores.  GMO's are every where and it grows harder to not use them. We still plan on sprouting wheat to use for animal feed as well. Just have to make the time to do it.

So for now I am going to soak our peas and some other seeds and try to get them in the ground over the next few days.  We are also setting up our seedling on the table in the kitchen for now, as I am unsure as to if the cold has truly left us or not.

Other neat things we are doing is felting animals from our own wool, as well as from purchased wool.  I am also beading chickens for earrings and pendants.  I am never with out things to do, plus have to start on the next book and maybe finishing one or to of the others I have been working on.  I have to say that finishing Abigail was one of the greatest moment of my life.  It is strange as it is by far not my first published piece, but feels so new and right.  I am so happy that she has a voice, no matter how small.

My blessings to you all..feel free to email me at raziel133@yahoo.com if you are looking to get with us about seeds or other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment