Monday, June 23, 2014

Good evening from the mountain...

Good evening from the mountain, I am a bit perplexed by the amount of squash bugs I am seeing, I can only squash so many.  I sprayed the organic bug killer and I so did not want to do that, but like I said I could only squash so many.  I looked into my ARBICO ORGANIC catalog to see what else I could do.   I Might order some Minute Pirate bugs or something like them so that I do not have to spray anymore.   I have spiders working full time, but they are just not doing enough.
Other than that I did get more peppers in the ground.  Michael has been putting in more time gathering wild buck wheat and also cutting down wild grasses for the animals.  He also seeded the regular buckwheat for our bees and some wheat for the animals and us.  It is so wonderful to see him using our seeder which dates back over a hundred years.  I think there will be little left of the modern stuff we own in a hundred years.  Things we really made well back then.
Just pasta for dinner tonight, nothing fancy, I am a bit too hot to cook anything more elaborate than that.  I did not make it out to the store or to repair the van window.  I am hoping to get up early and take the van door apart and put the window up.  I hope I can fix it, but if I could just get it to go up that would be fine for now as I did get the ac fixed.
 Then I can go to the store without worrying about rain.  I can see putting plastic bags on the door every time I stop and I sure do not want to drive around like that.  Putting plastic on your vehicle windows is a more normal thing in Arkansas, but I still not want to do that.  Other than repairing the van window, all I can think about is the rising cost of petro.  I am not sure why it should cost so much and they say it could go up to $6.00 per gallon by fall. That would be a real problem for us with me still attending school; it would most certainly force me to take all my classes on line in the fall.  I am not sure if they are even going to get the bridge done anyway.  Without that short cut, I am not sure I could afford the drive even with the price of gas now. 
Everything on the farm is a negotiation, because having enough money to keep it all running gets harder by the day.  Don’t fret dear ones, I always find a way to make ends meet. 

Be Blessed

Shekhinah

No comments:

Post a Comment